Please Read: You May Need to Update and Renew Your Medicaid or CHIP Benefits
DentaQuest wants to prepare you for an important deadline that may affect your Medicaid coverage. Texas Health and Human Services (HHSC) is reviewing your Medicaid benefits account. They may need more information from you to confirm that you are still eligible. Learn how to update your dental benefits.
How do I get these services for my child?
You have selected DentaQuest as your child’s dental health plan through Texas Health Steps Medicaid program. Call your Main Dentist listed on the front of your child’s DentaQuest member ID card to make an appointment.
What does Medically Necessary mean?
That’s the standard for deciding whether Medicaid will cover a dental service for your child. For dental services or products provided, the test is whether a prudent dentist would provide the service or product to a patient to diagnose, prevent, or treat dental pain, infection, disease, dysfunction, or disfiguration in accordance with generally accepted procedures of the professional dental community.
What services are not covered?
- Services that are not needed for dental health
- Cosmetic dental care
- Experimental procedures
- If your service is covered by another insurance or health plan, DentaQuest will seek reimbursement.
How do I get emergency dental care for my child and who do I call?
Call your child’s Main Dentist to find out how your child can get emergency dental services. If the office is closed, do one of the following:
- If your child gets medical services through a Medicaid medical health plan, call that medical plan.
- If your child does not have a Medicaid medical health plan, call 1-800-252-8263 or call 911.
Member ID Cards
Did you know you can get answers faster by registering for the Secure Member Website?
Your secure member account is free, fast, and provides the following:
- Access to insider tips
- By registering, you may also qualify for extra benefits
- Access to Member ID cards