Do keep your child’s dental appointment. If you must cancel, please call the office as soon as you can.
Before the Visit:
- Do share with your child the good reasons for going to the dentist.
- Do calm your child about the visit. Try not to use words such as “Hurt”, “Pain”, and “Bleeding” when talking about the visit to the dentist.
- Do talk about your child’s first visit in a good way.
- Do stay in the waiting room if asked to do so by the dentist or the staff.
- Do keep friends and family from trying to scare your child about the dentist.
At the Office:
- Do visit the dentist with clean teeth.
- Do bring your child’s health plan ID card.
- Do bring only the child who has an appointment to the dental office, if possible.